Friday, September 7, 2007

My manwich!


I made slow cooked sloppy joes for dinner, and it was fabulous! I got a bit excited with the rooster chili sauce, so it was super spicy heh but I think I did a pretty good job softening the heat (see vLogs). I wish I got pictures of the finished sandwich, but Melissa and Timm were over for dinner and we all were very eager to start eating, so I forgot! Bummer because they looked great heh organic buns and local cheddar (Loleta), and big heapings of slow cooked sloppy joes mmmm!

Favorite Sloppy Joes (serves 6-8)

2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chili sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup prepared mustard
2 tsp chili powder
hamburger buns, split
cheddar cheese, sliced



Note: I caught the camera before it hit something! Order of ingredients I added: chili powder, rooster chili sauce (smells good..spicy!!), organic mustard



Lookit! My tomatoes &lettuce :)

And I've got somebody special for y'all to see! She's a sweet little Manx


Transcript: Hi! I want to introduce you to my new kitty named Grizzly. Cutee! See she has no tail? She's a Manx.


Because of her back leg proportions, she hops rather than run! Manx cats started the urban legend of the Cabbit (half cat, half rabbit). Man, they're the craziest things! So playful and sweet..Far more interested in humans than other animals and loves to ride in the car! So we're leash-training her :)


ya can't see grizzly do squat! She's too small and black heh

1 comment:

GradSkoolDropOut said...

Had to comment on the sloppy joe's. My fav since a kid!!! But as I got older that jarred or powdered stuff made me gag! Brett nad I have been messing around with the recipe every time we make it. We def don't slow cook it for 4 hours...I'd never eat if I did, but we have found an hour is perfect! And I wanted to share, adding bell peppers and garlic makes it all that much better! we also use tomato paste instead of ketchup to thicken it up a bit...I have to say, it is one of my fav comfort foods!!