Friday, June 29, 2007

Pictures I meant to post ages ago! (first post)

This is my first post and it's about time! I've been collecting pictures from a 'sample' of things I've cooked in the last couple months. In this blog, I hope to post recipes with pictures accompanying them. But gosh, I've got a horrible memory so it's a surprise I can remember what went in most of these things I cooked up!

Along with pictures and recipes, I'm playing with the idea of making ASL vLogs that, of course, are about cooking! Buuut I don't have a webcam or a real videocamera. I'm using the same thing I use to take these pictures-my Canon Powershot Pro 1. I doubt I can do anything longer than a minute thirty seconds!

We'll see!

banana bread from Crust and Crumb Master Formulas for Master Bakers . This one rocked!! It had the perfect amount of moisture from the bananas, an awesome walnut crunch, and a light interior that was not horribly dense!




One night at the Co-Op, Jesse and I saw elk steak and got it for dinner! I marinated it for a bit in a blend of herbs, garlic, and oil before grilling it and serving it with one of my favorite sides for steak: buttery garlic and rosemary fingerling potatoes roasted in the oven. The elk was topped with shiitake mushrooms sautéed in umm... gosh I don't know! hehe oooohh yes, I made chive butter with freshly cut chives from my yard to go with the steak!

beef fajitas with onions, tomatoes, corn and whatnot.


bacon cheeseburger with what's most likely to be cumin rice and a simple (haha) garden salad

margarita!



No comments: