Sunday, July 22, 2007

Something fishy is going on around here.

I'm about to go to Wildberries Market (they have a better selection of organic baking chocolate than the co-op! [edit- wrooong!]) and get ingredients for monkey bread. I've been wanting to make that for the longest time, but I didn't have a tube pan. I just bought one off eBay and it arrived a few days ago. Horray!

I also bought a
popover pan and I just have to make some really, really soon! Popovers were my first baking success when I was a lassie, and for a long while I'd make them almost every weekend. I recently bought a cookbook called Lost Recipes - meals to share with friends and family by Marion Cunningham only because when I pulled it off the shelf and opened it to a random page, there before me was a recipe for popovers!! If that wasn't a sign to buy it, I don't know what that was ;) the book is an absolute delight. It's all about the values of bringing family and friends back to the dinner table and being in charge of your food (is: using fresh unadultered ingredients)

And I promise you that with the baking of
monkey bread and popovers, I will create cooking vLogs about (showing off) the organic sustainable ingredients. Especially Strauss Family Farm organic milk, because I am beyond thrilled to have discovered them! And I will show you just exactly why.

Jesse went fishing the other day and brought home three black rock fish and one big awesome ling cod. Last night we fried up a bunch of filets and had his sister over for
fish & chips.



3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Congrats on your new employment!!

What do you do there? I would be glad to work at Whole Food store as a cooker.

Recently I made heart shaped sugar anise cookies. I hate looking up at recipe so I did it from my hunch. This time, they look perfect but ;^/ they are bit bland from bit too much flour. Oh well, it's just for tea..

See the web where we get our fresh products weekly in Boulder

Abbondanza Farm

You are invited to eat with us anytime.

Anne Marie said...

Hey..about chicken. I love to make stuffed chicken, schinkels whatever so always use a young chicken, a small fryer chicken. Best chicken I ever bought are from 'Smart Chicken' company that airchill poultry meats instead. No antibiotics and chickens are treated with dignity. They offer grainfed or organic, I usually take grainfed, it is just good.

http://www.smartchicken.com/

The web will tell you if there are smart chickens in your town.

GradSkoolDropOut said...

I am so glad that the job is working out...I can be patient for the Monkey Bread. I never really heard of that. I was going to google it, but I decided to wait for your vLog and learn about it from you. Cheers!!!