Friday, August 3, 2007

Never cry over spilt milk, because it may have been poisoned.






Does anyone know how to put captions on videos? I had a buncha vLogs ready to go, but I wanted to caption them and dl'ed a piece of crap propgram that didn't work. Humm I suppose I ought to ask seekgeo..I love his Hell's Kitchen recaps!! hilarious.

So all of my time has suddenly been freed up (vLogged the reason, but its on my camera still) and I'm going camping tonight at the Van Duzen river. I'll try to post a bit before I go, but I know I'll be cookin' up some campfire meals to post on here heh but I can't decide what to make! I did some research on fishing at Van Duzen, and because of high mining -> erosion -> low water levels -> no upstream migration, fishing is prohibited on some parts of the river due to loww numbers. But M-Bee, Jesse's sister who we're going with, says she saw plenty o' trout at Swimmer's Delight where Melissa, Tim, Jesse, and I are staying. I hope I'll let Jesse keep some fish this time! Last time, I screamed at him to let every prospective dinner go ;/

I totally want to do an orange saffron butter with orange rinds in the fish bellies as it cooks, but who knows how fishing will be so I shouldn't get overly excited! Herbs and butter, then. Maybe some good ol' hasslebacked potatoes with bacon to accompany the trout. My heart (stomach) is set on biscuits and gravy, and I hope M-Bee and I can go hiking and gather plenty of berries for some cobbler!! That's only a day's worth of food though. I need to come up with another menu for another day's worth of food! Oh boy this'll be a yummy trip.

Gordon, my brother, gave me an excellent book on foraging for wild edibles. It would be crazy cool if I could gather some of Mother (Earth)'s veggies and whip something up with the trout. That would be so, so awesome. A free, delicious meal at Mother's grace!

I need to post my monkey bread, beer bread, and popovers!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather!

I just wanted to say I learned a lot of stuff from you about food so I wanted to say thank you!

To be honest, I had no idea we can't recycle milk plastic jugs. I guess it's a good thing cuz I only buy cartons since they last longer, anyway. I hope you don't forget to put these delicious milk back in the fridge, he he. I gotta check out about the glass one (I like whole milk). :-D

As we know that plastic ones last only a few days while cartons last longer but I wonder what about glass ones, though?

Off the topic: I wanted to say thank you for the compliment on hell's kitchen! :-) In case, any of you haven't seen it. Lemme give you links

HK episode 8: Click here

HK episode 1 thru 7: Click here

New episode 9 will be coming up this weekend.

As for the subtitle, I'm more than happy to help but, I'm not sure if you use PC or Mac?

I am mac user and I explained on my video how to add subtitle so that might give you the idea.

How To Add Subtitles: Click here

Feel free to contact me. :-)

-SG

By the way, awww so cute cat!!

heather :] said...

Great tutorial! It sure would be helpful if I had a mac ;) But maybe I can download iMovie, just like I can download iTunes on my PC. Hmm worth a try!

In my vLog, I said plastic jugs cannot be recycled. I got myself mixed up! Cartons cannot be recycled and have to be thrown away. I bought milk in cartons until my guilt caught up with me lol. I don't know which one lasts longer, but that doesn't matter because in my house, we drink it all before any of it can get bad ;) Yumm-o!

Can't wait to see episode 9 and the final episode!

Cheers.

Aaron said...

Google Video has some option for captioning. Don't know how it handles the timing though. Keep trying, captions help SO much for those of us who are learning ASL =)

We gotta get you on a mac. I love my Mac Mini to death!

Cheers,
Aaron

Anonymous said...

Glass bottles seem to be the perfect solution. Too bad about the cartons because I read that milk keeps better, nutrients-wise, in cartons than in plastic jugs - something to do with light waves coming through the jugs. Besides plastic containers always impart a funny taste.

Yeah, Macs rule. I and my immediate family have only owned Macs. I don't believe you can download iMovie (which, by the way, comes with every new Mac).

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather!

Unfortunately, iMovie can only be used on mac. It's a program that comes with all new mac which called iLife.

You can get the idea what it's like.

Here's the link: http://www.apple.com/ilife/imovie/

:-D

-SG

Deaf258 said...

Hmm, I've always thought milk taste better when they're in glass bottles.

Also, invest in a Mac! They're making them "green" soon, too. ;)

The reason I checked your blog is that I got an emailed link from my sister. Since I don't have your email address, I thought I would share it with you, Heather!

Here's the link: beer cupcakes!

Lisa C. said...

Cute cat. I will kidnap your cat if you plan to fry him/her! (chuckle)

Anonymous said...

Relish is cute! :) i couldnt focus on you, i was looking at your cat the whole time. she has similar personailty as mala. mala always has to be the center of attention. if no one is paying attention to him, he will do something naughty-- i didn't know about all of what you said about milk. very informing! i definely will try glass milks. thanks for commenting my new written works. ;) love ya girl
ME

grantlairdjr said...

In my case, we always reuse empty plastic milk container for ice tea, crystal light, kool-aid, etc.

It's been useful for me. Does it count? Hehe...

gwlj
http://blog.grantlairdjr.com

heather :] said...

girl- ima post a bunch of relish vlogs because she's mad i'm not letting her steal the show! lolol she's a silly minikitty. i hope mala's well! snacking on chicken and milk, i bet ;)

gwlj- yes, that counts! any way of reusing 'trash' is great.

keep on recyclin', guys!

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

It is my first post here, so I would like to say hallo to all of you! It is unquestionably comfort to be adjacent to your community!