Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.

A fight between us about my wanting to move away turned into an heavy but diplomatic conversation. Its as if the things I have been saying for months finally hit him upside down in the head and he seemed to understand how irrational he has been. I'm glad, but my feelings stay mostly the same.

I have three choices. Move in with my parents, move to Sacramento with Juniper, or move to Redding with Roman and Juniper. I don't want to live with my parents, but if I have to I will. I'm afraid of moving to an unknown place as a single mother and trying to make it without money to start with. I hate to break up our family so I'm going to give Redding a shot.

I don't like Redding. But I'll accept it as a starting point. I'm not happy in the relationship, but maybe with a bigger deaf community and a job, I'll be a happier person. Maybe it'll mend the breaks. I won't know until I try.

In Redding, Roman will have a construction job through his uncle. It's what he's good at and likes to do. Not this stupid waiter/bartender crap. Maybe I'll like him better if he makes more money..ha-ha. I hate that he seems to have no goals or ambitions. It drives me crazy..as if he doesn't want what's best for the family.

If we go to Redding, it'll have to happen after October. Let's hope I don't go stir crazy before then.

I hate Redding.

1 comment:

LauraEurope said...

I know a few deaf people in Sacramento, so if you move there, I can give you their contact info-- and the best thing, I'll be able to visit you more often since it's a lot closer ;)